Monday, February 8, 2016

THIS WEEK'S MENU 2/8-2/14

It's that time of the week again!  I'm sorry I didn't get this to you sooner.  I was too busy being depressed about the Panthers in the Super Bowl.  Sigh.

Monday:  Asian.  I didn't get to make these dishes last week, so they are rolling over to this week.  Here's the link to last week's post with all three recipes tagged there.  http://theroadtohappyhealthymommies.blogspot.com/2016/02/this-weeks-menu-21-27.html

Tuesday:  It's a Boy Scouts day so something easy is on the menu!  Sometimes convenience trumps super healthy!  These chili cheese enchiladas are soooo yummy.  Sub Greek yogurt in for sour cream to bump up the healthy points a tad. http://joyfulmommaskitchen.com/white-chicken-enchiladas/
white-chicken-enchiladas-plate1
Wednesday:  Chicken legs with Pepper Salad.  I have some frozen chicken legs left over from a couple months ago.  No better time to use them than the present! And don't these look simply delicious?
Herb and Citrus Oven Roasted Chicken – Super easy, elegant roasted chicken with fresh lemons, oranges and herbs! | thecomfortofcooking.com
I make my pepper salad so so simply.  Buy tri-color peppers at the grocery store.  I get mine at Aldi because they are so much cheaper and they come in yellow, orange, and red.  I don't care for green peppers so I like not having to buy one in my pepper pack.  You can also use those little sweet peppers that come in tri-colors.  Slice the peppers and cut the slices in half.  Dice half a purple onion to throw in there.  Toss in some feta cheese (flavored is the best) and toss it all in your favorite vinegar-based salad dressing.  The end!  
 
Thursday:  Balsamic Skirt Steak with roasted veggies.  I am a sucker for a balsmic reduction!  You might even catching  me lick the pot! Mmmm!!  I'm going to roast my veggies, though.  I like how crunchy they stay and the flavor deepens so much.
Skillet Balsamic Skirt Steak with Garlic Zucchini, Squash and Tomatoes - Melt-in-your-mouth tangy, tender steak dinner with veggies, easily made in one skillet! Thecomfortofcooking.com

Friday: Pioneer Woman Taco Salad.  Her's is the b.e.s.t. I ain't even kiddin.  We don't use Doritos on top though. Doritos are crack.  And crack is whack.  Once we get started eating those delicious nibbles, it's all over.
tacosalad

Saturday:  The kids and I are traveling out of town that day so we have to make something easy for Daddy.  Black bean soup it is!  I have some left over ham cubes that will work perfectly in the soup.  Be sure to add cumin and lime juice to push that flavor right over the edge! You will be so happy you did! Sometimes I add salsa and chipotle powder too.  As long as you stay in the Tex Mex vein, you won't go wrong making it up as you go.  Here's the Pioneer Woman's recipe for it but I haven't tried it. I'm sure it's super duper though!  http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/black-bean-soup/
Black Bean Soup

Sunday:  Kale soup AGAIN! See the link for Monday for the recipe!  

Happy eating!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment