Monday, February 15, 2016

Menu for 2/15-2/21

STUCK. INSIDE.  EW.  I don't mind being at home, but being at home without the option of leaving???????  NOOOOOOOOO!!!  It looks like nothing is happening out there by way of weather, but stay in!  My Expedition took a turn I didn't authorize out there on the ice!  Not worth it!

Here's the menu for this week!  Happy Eating!

MONDAY:  Zucchini lasagna.  I am using my favorite lasagna recipe and subbing SOME noodles with zucchini I slice on my mandolin slicer.  Don't have one? Girl! Getcha one! They are AWESOME!  I'm only doing some noodles because I want to shave off some calories but still keep the flavor.  Because, let's face it.  Noodles are fan-freaking-tastic.

Here's how I make my lasagna.  I used jarred sauce (2 jars) and mix in some ground beef and/or Italian sausage.  That's all in one pot.  In a large container of ricotta or cottage cheese, I mix in one egg. That's container #2.  I use dry noodles and raw zucchini. That's container #3.  And, I also layer in fresh or frozen spinach, as well as shredded or slized mozzerella.  Adding spinach is an easy and tasteless way to get vitamins.  Layer all that, starting with pasta sauce and ending with mozzerella cheese.  Make it as thick as your 9x13 allows.  Bake
 http://www.recipebyphoto.com/zucchini-pasta-lasagna/

Gluten Free & Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna | Recipe By Photo

TUESDAY:  Parm Crusted Chicken with Bacon.  http://otasteandseeblog.com/parmesan-crusted-chicken-with-bacon/  Yummy, yum, yum.  I heart bacon.  I'll follow this recipe to a T except I just might crust the bacon with dried potato flakes (gluten-free) and back it instead of fry.  For sides, I am going to make zucchini tots.  Yummy!!!  http://damndelicious.net/2015/08/08/zucchini-tots/  And maybe some roasted broccoli. Ta Da!!!  Done!
parmesan crusted chicken025Zucchini Tots - Loaded with zucchini and carrots, these tots do not even taste healthy! It's the perfect way to sneak in veggies, and it's just so good!

WEDNESDAY:  Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin with Roasted Asparagus.  Two of my most favorite things EVA.  Honey and balsamic vinegar.  Holy Heaven.  Yes please!   http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2016/01/slow-cooker-honey-balsamic-pork-tenderloin.html Doncha kinda wanna take a bath in that?  Yeah, me too.  I may sub maple syrup for the brown sugar just to keep the refined sugars low, but you can do what you want. And don't forget, balsamic will sweeten on its own.  I think I'll be sure to make the sauce separately and taste it before I pour it in the crock pot.  That way I can limit the sugars a little but more if need be.

I'm going to serve it with mashed cauliflower which is pretty dang close to mashed potatoes IF IF IF you throw in a small russett potato with your cauli.  Cut up a head of cauli and a russett potato and steam them till soft.  Mash each as well as you can with a potato masher or with your submersible blender thingy.  Add cheddar, ranch dressing, Greek yogurt, a little butter, bacon, and viola!  Delicious!!!  And will fool the pickiest kid on the planet (aka, my son).


Slow Cooker Honey Balsamic Pork Tenderloin | Creme de la Crumb

THURSDAY:  Enchiladas.  I never got around to making these last week.  Although, I did have the homemade rotisserie chicken all ready to go to tuck into these little gems.  I'll send some tips your way on how to make your own rotisserie chicken and bone broth in an upcoming post.  http://joyfulmommaskitchen.com/white-chicken-enchiladas/

Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chili Sour Cream Sauce

FRIDAY:  Shrimp Boil Kebabs. We LOVE these in the summer time when the living easy. Fish are jumping and the cotton is high. ;)  But, even then, we modify the recipe because corn cobs are so hard to cut and then thread onto a kebab stick. Use this delicious recipe by Martha Steward, but modify like we do....  I will sautee the sausage and the shrimp in some sauce instead of grilling because it's cold out side. I boil the potato then put a little sauce over the top once they are served.  As for the corn, I buy frozen kernels and throw them into my iron skillet (still frozen) and char them.  You can toss in a little sauce right there at the end.  It will give you a little glimpse of sunshine in all this grayness.  Not sure that's a word, but whatev's.  http://www.marthastewart.com/355825/shrimp-boil-kebabs
Shrimp-Boil Kebabs

SATURDAY:  Greek stuffed chicken.  Man, this looks sooooo good.  Only change I'd make is making the filling actually a topping.  Saves time.  I'll sautee it while my chicken thighs (Yes, we like thighs instead of breasts.  I have a slight tendency of overcooking breasts.  Ahem.) and then pile it right on top. http://littlebitsof.com/2015/07/greek-stuffed-chicken/  I'll serve it with fresh cucumbers and Everything hummus (from Food Lion.  Our favorite hummus.) and squash sauteed in butter, salt, and pepper.  Dern.  I'm. hungry. right. now.
 Greek Stuffed Chicken - A great simple chicken breast recipe filled with real food goodness!

SUNDAY:  Taco salad.  It's the same one from the week before.  Just didn't have time to make it last week. Pioneer Woman still rocks.  :)  http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/chicken-taco-salad/http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/chicken-taco-salad/

tacosalad

No comments:

Post a Comment