Monday, March 28, 2016

THIS WEEK'S MENU 3/28-4/3

Hey everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful Easter!  Christ is Risen! The tomb is still empty!  Hallelujah!

I'm sorry I left you hanging last week! I was so involved with learning some new things for my Arbonne business that I totally forgot!  If you know me at all, you shouldn't be shocked by my forgetfulness!  Here's this week's menu.  This menu isn't what we are cooking this week because my husband is sick and the kids and I are going to travel the back half of spring break, but I still want to share my faves with you!

MONDAY:  Tuscan Skillet served over gluten-free pasta.  Doesn't this look DIVINE?!!   It can go without saying that I LOVE Italian.  Those deep and rich flavors-- can't live without it!  Served this over gluten-free noodles if you are gluten-sensitive or doing Arbonne's 30 Days to Healthy Living, but be sure to do it in moderation.  No need to go crazy, no matter how bad you'd like to.  http://thewanderlustkitchen.com/tuscan-chicken-skillet/

Tuscan Chicken Skillet - the perfect one-pan meal!


TUESDAY:  Zucchini boats with side salad.  You seriously can't screw these up.  Zucchini boats are ridiculously easy.  I'd pre-bake the boats though, seeing all the ingredients you stuff the boat with are already cooked and don't need to be in the oven for long.  You might also top the boat with mozzarella cheese because, ... well, because it's awesome.  Serve it with a substantial side salad or with a roasted veggie.  Yummyyyyyy...  http://erecipecards.blogspot.com/2013/06/grilled-herb-and-sausage-stuffed.html




WEDNESDAY:  One Pan Ranch Chicken and Veggies.  This is super easy and delish!  When I make this, I drop the brown sugar down to about half because the hubs doesn't care for "sweet meat" and I use a homemade ranch dressing mix to cut back on sodium. You can also do it with skin-off thighs.   But do what you want!  You're a grown up!  ;)  http://damndelicious.net/2015/05/08/one-pan-garlic-ranch-chicken-and-veggies/

One Pan Garlic Ranch Chicken and Veggies - Crisp-tender chicken baked to absolute perfection with roasted carrots and potatoes - all cooked in a single pan!


THURSDAY:  Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken with Sweet Potato Fritters.  Odd combo, I understand you thoughts here.  But the two separately are a.m.a.z.i.n.g. so wherever you put them in your menu, just make sure they are there.  The fritter are so easy and work really well with the left over sweet potato from your sweet potato skins (another week).  http://www.mynaturalfamily.com/recipes/clean-eating-recipes/clean-eating-chicken-recipe/  and http://yes-moreplease.com/2013/11/sweet-potato-kale-and-quinoa/

Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Recipe {Paleo, Clean Eating, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Whole30} - can you believe that this creamy chicken with rich, sunny flavor is healthy for you? Plus, it's easy to throw together in 15 minutes and then do whatever you want while it bakes.  Kale-Sweet potatoe-and-Quinoa-Fritters_delicious-texture


FRIDAY:  Chicken Avocado Lime Soup.  So light. So springy.  Sooo good.  If you like a thicker soup, more like chili, add some black beans.  It makes the soup even prettier, I promise.  I love soups because you only have one pot.  And on a Friday night, who wants to do dishes?  http://www.cookingclassy.com/2014/07/chicken-avocado-lime-soup/

Chicken Avocado Lime Soup | Cooking Classy


SATURDAY:  Greek Nachos.   We love this because of the simplicity of the dish and it's very filling.  Anything that someone can build on his/her own is awesome.  You can also had olives or banana peppers, or any of your other favorite Greek or Mediterranean toppings.  http://notwithoutsalt.com/greek-nachos/



SUNDAY:  Shepherd's Pie.  I admittedly have never made Shepherd's Pie before but I ate it for the first time the other night at a friend's house and it was delicious!!  I like this recipe here but I'd add some more veggies, I think.  I mean, why not?  Added nutrition, added flavor, added color.  Yep!
http://www.noshtastic.com/easy-shepherds-pie/?utm_content=buffer07a61&utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The BEST recipe for Gluten Free Shepherds Pie! It's easy to make it Paleo or Whole 30 too, perfect comfort food for your whole family!

Happy eating!!! Hugs!



No comments:

Post a Comment