Monday, March 14, 2016

3/14-3/20 Menu

Happy Monday y'all!!  Seems like that groundhog was right!! I'm loving all this warmth!  And our grass is sooooo green!  How refreshing!

Here's our menu for the week!  Happy eating!

MONDAY:  Kielbasa, pepper, onion, potato hash.   I love kielbasa. My parents always made scrambled eggs with kielbasa for breakfast and nothing is quite as yummy in the morning.  I also love one-pot-wonders!  This one is a keeper! I'm not a fan of green peppers but all tri-color peppers will work beautifully!  http://www.thetwobiteclub.com/2014/05/kielbasa-pepper-onion-and-potato-hash.html?m=1
Kielbasa, Pepper, Onion and Potato Hash


TUESDAY:  Cilantro lime honey salmon and sides in foil packets.  Warm weather makes me want to eat lighter.  Not sure if it's the impending doom of bikini season realities or what.  Here is a super light salmon dish grilled in a foil packet (or baked in foil in the oven if you're like me and afraid to touch the grill).  For sides, I'd throw some zucchini and squash with red pepper slices in a foil packet and throw it on the grill (or oven) too.  Yummy and no dishes! http://juliasalbum.com/2015/08/cilantro-lime-honey-garlic-salmon/
salmon recipes, healthy fish recipes, gluten free dinner

WEDNESDAY:  Spicy pineapple chicken kebabs.  My goodness!!  These are gorgeous!  Pair them with a green veggie and you're good to go!!!  http://www.thegunnysack.com/spicy-pineapple-chicken-kabobs/
  Spicy Pineapple Chicken Kabobs


THURSDAY:  Beef Dip Sandwiches.  These look super yummy. I'd even take it a step further and throw the entire sandwich, bread and all, right onto my George Foreman (Those are soooo 1990!) and make it into a panini.  For some reason paninis seem more dinner-ish to me.  If you are staying away from gluten, Take the bread off all together.  Saves time, too, because there isn't any need for George.  http://www.tasteslovely.com/beef-dip-sandwich-with-gruyere-grilled-onions/  Pair it with some nutritious raw veggie sticks dipped in your favorite hummus and viola!
Beef dip sandwich with gruyere cheese and grilled onions

FRIDAY:  Sausage, cannelini bean, and kale soup.  Old faithful.  Tried and true.  Gotta love her.  She's easy (ahem) and fast.  Now Stephanie, the creator of this soup, told me on our walk the other day that she has a new and better soup to share!  Honestly, I have no idea how it could top Old Faithful!  When she posts it, I'll try it and give you the skinny.  But until then, here's our favorite girl... http://gatheredinthekitchen.com/2015/09/14/kale-sausage-cannellini-sun-dried-tomatoes-soup/


SATURDAY:  Bruschetta chicken with spaghetti squash.  Here's how you cook spaghetti squash.  http://www.kitchentreaty.com/how-to-cook-spaghetti-squash-two-different-ways-in-the-microwave-or-in-the-oven/  Throw some organic jarred sauce on top and your side dish is done.  Now for bruschetta chicken.  I cook chicken thighs (We choose those over breasts.) in the oven with salt and pepper.  I roast onions and halved cherry tomatoes in a pan with sides in the oven at 425 until the onions are cooked through but not over cooked.  All the while, I put tons of balsamic vinegar on the stove and reduce it by half or until it coats the back of a spoon and tastes super duper yummy.  Once all is done, pile the tomatoes and onions on the chicken and drizzle the balsamic on top.  Sooooo delicious!!  No pics but you can imagine it's beauty.


SUNDAY:  LEFTOVERS!  Clean out your fridge so you're ready to restock on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment