Tuesday, March 8, 2016

3/9-3/12 MENU

I'm so sorry I'm just now getting this up!  I've been working on the taxes for my Arbonne business and my husband is a details guy (I'm sooo not!) so it's a little bit of a slow go for me!  Here's the menu for this week.  I won't be cooking dinner tonight or Wednesday night; this week I'm starting with Thursday.

THURSDAY:  Black bean burgers, Mexican street fries, and Mexican street corn.  Doesn't that sound so festive and delicious!  This warm weather has me wanting something a little bit more exciting and this hits the spot!  For the black bean burgers, you can sub quinoa for the bread crumbs to take away the gluten and serve it on lettuce like a burger wrap.  http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/black-bean-burger/  The Mexican Fries sound so yummy and they're baked, not fried!  Double Awesome!  http://www.carlsbadcravings.com/baked-mexican-street-fries-with-salsa-ketchup/  And Mexican Street Corn???  I love corn!  Top it with cheese and oooooooh baby!  http://littlespicejar.com/mexican-street-corn-elotes/

Mexican-Street-Fries14Mexican Street Corn - perfect to serve at barbecues and on Cinco de Mayo! Tender corn with garlic mayo, lime juice, cotija cheese, and cilantro!  #cornonthecob #mexicanstreetcorn #cincodemayo | Littlespicejar.com

FRIDAY:  Lasagna.  I use my mother-in-laws recipe for lasagna but you can use your favorite.  I picked this for Friday night because we have our church group, "Breaking Bread", coming over for dinner and I thought this would be a crowd pleaser.

SATURDAY:  Cilantro lime grilled chicken with avacado salsa and drunken pinto beans.  Have I already mentioned I LOVE Mexican food?  I have no idea why.  But I do. I love Italian too and always have.  But I'm having an affair with Mexican food right now.  I'm sorry Italian.  It's not you.  It's ME.  And since the weather is warmer now, it makes me want to do it outside... cook that is. ;) Here are the recipes... http://www.cookingclassy.com/2015/07/grilled-cilantro-lime-chicken-with-avocado-salsa/  and  http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/drunken-beans-recipe-frijoles-borrachos/#_a5y_p=1588697

Drunken Beans (Frijoles Borrachos) | gimmesomeoven.com #mexican Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa | Cooking Classy

YUM YUM YUM! Y'all have a great week!  And remember to love on your spouse a little more this week.  We are called to value them more than we value ourselves.  Love on them like you were still dating and show interest in their interests.  Yeah, yeah.  It's hard.  But long-lasting love is so worth it.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment